Advocating For You In The Workplace
When issues arise in the workplace, many employees feel powerless and alone. Facing what seems like a powerful employer, you can feel overpowered and outnumbered. Also, you could feel afraid that you might lose your job if you fight against discrimination or a wage and hour violation. What you need is an advocate to level the playing field and protect your rights in the workplace.
At the law firm of Ted H.S. Hong Attorney at Law, LLLC, attorney Ted Hong represents clients throughout Hawaii in all types of employment law matters. Lead attorney Ted has decades of legal experience and a wealth of knowledge of employment laws and procedures. He has represented people in negotiations, litigation and appeals stemming from employment law violations.
Handling Employment Law Disputes
The firm represents clients in cases involving:
- Discrimination: Even in modern times when we should all know better, discrimination is still far too common. If you have been discriminated against for any reason, the legal team of Ted H.S. Hong Attorney at Law, LLLC, can help you.
- Sexual harassment: You have the right to a workplace that is free from sexual harassment and intimidating work environments. Lead attorney Ted will fight to protect you in the workplace.
- Wage and hour violations: Federal and state laws regulate wages and hourly requirements for specific positions. If your employer is violating these rules, making you work overtime, not giving you required breaks or underpaying you, the legal team will help protect your rights.
- Denial of benefits: You have a right to certain benefits, whether from legal requirements or from contractual agreement. Attorney Ted will help you stand up to your employer to make sure you receive the benefits to which you are legally entitled.
- Misclassification: Whether you are classified as an employee or a contractor will have a significant impact on how you are paid and what benefits you are entitled to. Employers have incentive to misclassify employees as contractors for tax benefits and to avoid liability and benefits requirements.
There are many aspects of life as an employee in which problems can arise. If you are experiencing anything at your work that could be a violation, talk with attorney Ted to discuss how he can help you.
Contact The Firm Today
Your workplace is important, and any negative experience or violation of your rights has a negative impact on your life. Get the help you need by calling his Hilo office at 808-796-5915 or by emailing the firm.